Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Unit 18

List:

salt, volt, cold, bald, myself, elf, bulb, halt, bolt, gold, wild, yourself, calf, calm, felt, silk, fold, world, himself, half, palm, belt, milk, sold, should, herself, wolf, melt, talk, hold, could, itself, gulf, gulp, adult, difficult, build, would, golf, help.

1. Which list words mean...?

a magical creature: elf
an onion-like root: bulb
a measurement of electric force: volt
a sport: golf
swallow quickly: gulp
a large bay: gulf

2. Write in the missing letters to make list words.
salt
half
palm
talk

3. Write three different questions beginning with: should, would and could.

Could I please go to my friends house?

Would I be able to do soccer lessons?

Should I go to the shops to buy groceries?

4.Which list words are synonyms (words with with similar meanings) for these...?

crease: fold
stop: halt
Earth: world
hairless: bold

5. Which list words belong in these groups...?

fig, oak, wattle, eucalypt: palm

kitten, puppy, lamb, foal: calf

cheese, cream, butter: milk

ice, freeze, snow, shiver: cold

6. Word Building
1. A contraction is a shortened word that has been made from two words.

Write the following contractions in full.

shouldn't: should not

couldn't: could not

wouldn't: would not

2. To change most words ending with If to plurals, change the f to v and then add es.

Make the following list words into plurals.

elf: elves
calf: calves
half: halves
wolf: wolves

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, it's Butterfly. I am not available. Please leave a message after the beep. "BEEP"!