Sunday, May 24, 2009

Camp at Yirrigai-day 1

Day 1: On Wednesday 20th May year 4 went to Yirrigai for 3 days. These are the teachers that came with us- Ms Malenzie, Mr McToud and Mrs Clawless. After the bell rang 4M lined up behind 4C and we walked to the front of the school with our luggage's, while Miss Malenzie called the roll. As she called our names we put our bags on the bus and then we hopped on. It took half an hour to get to Yirrigai.

When we got there we hopped off the bus and got our bags. Right in front of us were 2 members of Yirrigai. Their names were Sue and Ken. Then they took them to the front of the cabins. We put our bags down and went off to the hall and ate some Yirrigai biscuits. They were really yummy. Ken told us that the hall was our meeting room and when you hear a fire alarm it means "go to the meeting room". Then we got a gold addition Yirrigai drink bottle. So we went to fill them up. When we filled our bottles up we sat down and had a rest. Then Ken told us our table groups. I was in table group 6. In my group was Celina, Tilly, Tim, Anne, Drew and me.

Then we went back to the cabins and Mr McTou
d called out the cabin groups. We waited quite a while to hear what cabin group we were in. Finally he called cabin group 2 with Lietta, Emma, Charlie, Alira(ME), Tara, Melli and Livy. We were all in the same group. We were so excited that we almost screamed!! So we carried our bags around the people and into our beautiful cabins. We only got 30 minutes to make our beds and put our bags on the shelf.

This is a picture of the cool cabins.




After the 30 minutes had gone we got ready for a walk around Yirrigai. Miss Malenzie went to everyone's cabin to remind us about the walk and that the fire alarm will go off soon. When it did go off we all went to the meeting area. Then Ken said that it was lunch time so we walked slowly to the dining room where table group 1 had set the tables for us. We sat down and waited for our table group number to be called. Then Miss Malenzie called table group 6 (my group) to come out and get our lunch. For lunch we had 2 sausage rolls each, some salad and for a drink we had apple juice. I thought I wouldn't be able to eat 2 sausage rolls and some salad because my tummy was full but to my amazement I did eat it!

After that we went to our cabins to get ready for activities. I was in group 2. Luckily I was with one of my 2 best friends Livy and Charlie! When we got to the meeting area there were 2 cones. Ken was holding a piece of paper. After a few minutes he read out the 2 groups on the piece of paper. I was happy I was with my friends. Our leader was Sue.

The first activity we did was photo orienteering. We all were split into groups. Every group got a sheet with photos with all different kinds of things. Once you have found one of the pictures there is a clicker. You put a sheet of paper in the middle and push the clicker down on the paper. Once you have found every photo you go to the teachers and get another sheet.

After that activity we had dinner. For dinner we had roast. It was really nice but I felt really sick with a tummy bug. I couldn't finish it at all. So I just sat there eating little bits by bit.

Once dinner had finished we went to our cabins and showered our selves. Once I was in every one kept telling me to hurry up because they thought that they only had 10 minutes but we had 40! They rushed me so much that I didn't get to rinse my hair properly and I had shampoo and conditioner in my eyes and they were stinging!!

Once everybody finished showering themselves we put our pj's on. Then the teachers came into our cabin to tell us to bring pillows and come outside. Then I saw Mrs Clawless carrying a "Camp Rock" DVD! We followed the teacher to the theater room and sat down on the blocks. We made our selves comfortable and Mrs Clawless started the DVD. These are some of the characters in the movie. There is Demi Lovato-Mitchie Torres, Nick Jonas-Nate, Joe Jonas-Shane Gray, Kevin Jonas-Jason, Meaghan Jette Martin-Tess Tyler, Maria Canals-Barrera-Connie Torres, Alyson Stoner-Caitlyn Geller and lots more.

In the middle of the movie some boys jumped up and started dancing to the music. It was kind of annoying but we all ignored it. Also my eyes started watering because of the shampoo and conditioner in my eyes. At the end of the movie Emma and Livy started singing to the music but softly. Then we lined up and went to our cabins.

When we got inside we brushed our hair and said good night to each other. Then we turned out the lights and went to sleep.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, it's Butterfly. I am not available. Please leave a message after the beep. "BEEP"!